... of the EWPA
EUROPEAN WATERLESS PRINTING ASSOCIATION e.V.
(in the following referred to as “EWPA”)
§ 1 Name, legal form and domicile
The association is registered in
European Waterless Printing Association e.V.
domiciled in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Strippchens Hof 25
It should be entered in the register of associations of Mülheim an der Ruhr Local Court. The association is with the objects described in § 2.
§ 2 Aim of the assocation
- The aim of the EWPA is to avoid use of fountain solution and thereby reduce the environmental strains, especially from IPA (2-Propanol). This is done by the promotion of research and development in the area of waterless offset printing.
- The means of the EWPA may only be used for statutory purposes. The members may not receive shares in profits and – in capacity as a member - any other benefits from funds of the EWPA. Reimbursement of expenses of the board is admissible. He/she has to act in accordance to valid fiscal law.
§ 3 Activity
- To serve the purpose set, the EWPA has to focus its activities on the following matters:
a) Formulation and implementation of assignments related to the determination of aims § 2 para. 1.
b) Current briefings for technical experts and scientists about the technical literature both at home and abroad, done by documentations and professional publications.
c) Consultation and training of technical experts.
- Activities for the EWPA are honorary. Otherwise the EWPA concludes an agreement of expert advice under labor law.
The person appointed president by resolution passed at the general meeting can’t work honorary any longer.
- The funds raised by membership-fee, state grants as well as miscellaneous receipts are to serve exclusively for the purpose stated in § 2 of the statute.
§ 4 Acquisition of membership
- Any natural or legal entity or association of individuals having legal capacity can be a member of the EWPA – regardless nationality. Natural entities must have completed their 18th year.
- Application for membership must be handed in to the board in writing. The board will decide on the acceptance. The decision about the applicant does not require any justification.
§ 5 Termination of membership
The membership is terminated by withdrawal, exclusion or death. The withdrawal must be a written notice to the board. Until the end of the year of notice, the resigning member is liable to pay contribution.
A resignation is only valid with a period of notice of three months before the end of the year.
A member can be excluded from the association
- if he/she committed a grave breach of the association’s aims or
- because of reminder, at the latest 3 months after date of invoice, did not pay the annual subscription.
The board decides on exclusion unanimously.
§ 6 Rights of the members
The members are entitled to take part at the general meeting. They are entitled of being provided with information on the field of experience regarding research and development and to source suitable publications
§ 7 Admission fee, membership fees
The members are charged an admission fee and annual fee, the height of which is suggested by the board and afterwards determined by the assembly of members.
§ 8 Financial year
Financial year of the association is the legal year. The first financial year starts with the entry of the EWPA in the register of associations.
§ 9 Bodies
The association consists of the following bodies: the board and the assembly of members.
§ 10 Board
- The board consists of the chairperson and the deputy chairperson. Every member of the board has the power of sole representation.
Internally, the deputy chairperson is authorized to take action if the chairperson is prevented for any reason.
- The board is elected for a period of 2 years by the assembly of members.
§ 11 Assembly of members
- The assembly of members is to be summoned once a year. Extraordinary general meetings are to be summoned if demanded in the interest of the association or requested in writing by at least 20 % of the members who have to state reasons.
- The chairman or his/her deputy is to call the annual meeting in written form per mail, fax or postal service by attaching drafted agenda. The invitation has to be send 20 days prior date of the meeting, at the latest. For good reason the period can be shortened to 10 days.
- The assembly of members’ tasks in specific include:
a) the election and dismissal of the chairman and his/her deputy chairman
b) decision-making on financial statement and exoneration of the board
c) decision-making on the estimated budget
d) determination of the sum of admission fee and members’ annual fee
e) decision-making on changing the charter or amendments to the statutes and dissolution of the association
f) consultation and decision-making on other items of the agenda
g) other items as laid down in this statute
- The assembly of members is considered competent to make a decision by a simple majority of the members present and represented. For a decision on the exclusion of members, a change of the purpose of the association or the dissolution of the association at least nine tenths of all members must approve. Every member is entitled to vote with one vote.
- Annual fees become due after issuing an invoice within statutory payment period. A special demand of payment is not required.
- Every assembly is constituted a quorum independent of the number of members present and represented.
§ 12 Minutes
The minutes on the decisions taken by the members’ assembly must be written by stating the location and date as well as the vote. This has to be signed by the head of assembly respectively his/her deputy.
§ 13 Assets
In case of a dissolution/liquidation of the association the board becomes liquidator. If they refuse to, the assembly of members has to decide on liquidators. The association’s funds are to be liquidated and turned into money. Every member is to receive an equal amount of money that remains after having discharged all liabilities of the association.
§ 14 Temporary arrangement and final clause
The board is entitled to take editorial changes on this statute in particular to solve problems with the entry into the register of associations. This can be done without agreement of the members’ assembly.
Place of jurisdiction and place of performance for all legal acts arising from this statute is Mülheim an der Ruhr.
This statute was passed at the constituent meeting of 21 June 1996 and the assembly of members of 14 November 2001.
This change in charter was passed at the general meeting of 18 April 2007.
The publishing alterations were realized on January 18th 2012, under consideration of article 14.
Die European Waterless Printing Association, kurz EWPA genannt wurde im Jahr 1995 gegründet.
Das Vereinslogo steht für internationale Zusammenarbeit, Umweltschutz und Qualität.
Wir sehen uns als unabhängige und überregionale Plattform des Wasserlosen Offsetdrucks (WLO).
Förderung des Ökologie und Ökonomiegedankens von WLO-Technologie.
Welche Vorteile haben Sie als Mitglied in der der EWPA
- Als Mitglied steht ein Netzwerk von Fachleuten/Spezialisten des WLO-Druckverfahrens zur Verfügung
- Darstellung Ihres Unternehmens durch das Führen des Mitgliedslogo als ein der Nachhaltigkeit und der Ökologie verpflichtetes Handeln
- Exklusives Alleinstellungsmerkmal durch das Zertifikat des DGUV Test "Emission geprüft" und EWPA "WLO-CERT" Siegel
- WLO-CERT, das weltweit einzige, vom Staat als öffentliches Organ, anerkannte Prüfsiegel
- Durch diese Zertifizierung können Sie Fördergelder erhalten
- Das Marketinginstrument für die Anwender und deren Kunden
- Austausch der Erfahrungen, neue Entwicklungen vorantreiben
- Exklusiv für Mitglieder, Darstellung Ihres Unternehmens in dem Magazin Print & Produktion ohne Kosten auf den reservierten 1-2 EWPA-Seiten unseres Publikationspartners
- Durch die Mitgliedschaft belegen Sie, dass Sie dem Gesundheitsschutz und Umweltschutz Rechnung tragen
BVT - Beste Verfügbare Technik
Der „Wasserlose Offsetdruck“ (WLO) ist besonders in Verbindung mit der Einhaltung der Kriterien des Zertifikats der DGUV Test „Emission geprüft“ hervorzuheben. Für die Umwelt bedeutet das:
- verminderten VOC-Einsatz
- verminderten Wassereinsatz
- verminderte VOC-Luftemission
- verminderte Wasseremission
- und eine positive Energiebilanz
Die Vorteile für den Anwender ergeben sich auch aus Kosteneinsparungen bei der effektiveren Nutzung der Verbrauchsmaterialien und dem Wegfall der Überwachungspflicht mit seinen kostspieligen Messungen. Bei bereits erwähnter, geringerer Lösungsmittelmenge kommen ggf. erheblich weniger/keine REACH notierten Chemikalien zum Einsatz. Die zu erwartenden Verschärfungen durch den Gesetzgeber werden somit gegenstandslos.